Monday, October 22, 2012

Drinking Detox

Ever since I have moved to PB I have been drink a lot every weekend.  I think its time to separate myself from the partying and drinking and learn how to enjoy San Diego in new ways.  I have decided to have the detox last until thanksgiving. 
I have been doing some research and this is the list so far I have come up with of some things....

·         Get Stronger - take a defense class

·         Buy a groupon for barre classes

·         Start making Christmas presents be creative with it - maybe photo books, calendars, etc.  

·         watch how to video's - improve in surfing, dressing, getting a boy (ha ha)

·         search out classes - use your bonus money to pay for a class that interests you

·         search out ideal jobs and read about them - google the good and the bad about them or a company

·         Swim in the ocean

·         read the book how to make friends and influence people

·         find a running group, triathlon group. 

·         Make your own frozen meals or plan out your menu for the week.  

·         write an email to someone you haven't heard from or send a card to someone even it isn't their birthday - it goes a long way.  

·         make a birthday list of those you may want to keep in contact with and mark this on your calendar as to when to send the cards

·         network

·         make a list of places to see in Europe and go to the library or bookstore and read about them

·         make a bucket list 

·         make goals - daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, 5 and 10 years.  Make different kinds - personal,, relational, work, outside work activities, etc.
  
·         Get your finances in order
·         Go to a movie alone.
·         Lift weights. When I bench-press 45 lbs., I feel like the bomb.
·         Try surfing, water-skiing, or some activity you don’t already know how to do. Could be riding a bicycle.
·         Train for (and finish) a huge physical test like a half-marathon.

·         Fly to a foreign country by yourself. I was nervous on my first solo trip to Europe, even though I almost always have to travel alone.
·         Witness something once-in-a-lifetime, like Jokulsarlon, a lake next to a melting glacier in Iceland (see photo).
·         Go on a date with someone who actually makes you nervous.
·         Go out with an older man who takes you somewhere nice and makes you feel like a million bucks.
·         Go out with a guy who makes you laugh ‘til it hurts.
·         Volunteer.
·         Make a list of all your faults.
·         Get your finances in order.
 Try out an adventure race.  
Work out 5 days a week. 
Eat Healthier.  
Try out new group exercise classes


I will keep you updated on my journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment